The Smart Guide to the MEE
A Guide to Mastering the Multistate Essay Exam (MEE)
The MEE is a stressful aspect of the bar exam for many takers, despite the fact that the section in most jurisdictions is worth only 30% of your score. Bar exam courses can add to this stress level by making examinees feel overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information they are expected to memorize and regurgitate on test day.
Our goal at SmartBarPrep is to simplify this studying process … so we created this guide breaking down the MEE into simple parts with our personal strategies and tips to master this section of the exam.
Everything in this guide is based upon our work with thousands of examinees, analysis of past MEE’s, and what we found really works to achieve a high MEE score!
What You’ll Learn
We will cover key aspects of how the MEE works and how to maximize your essay score, including:
- Overview & Breakdown of the MEE – Format, Time Per Essay, Subjects & Law Tested
- Our Step-by-Step Approach on How to Read, Organize, & Draft Your Essay Answer… including the Format to Use
- 15 MEE Tips to Increase Your MEE Score
- How to Study & Prepare for the MEE – Our 5-Step Approach with Tips & Best Practices
- How to Effectively use Model Essay Answers vs. Released Examinee Answers
- Essay Grading & Scoring – How your MEE score is calculated